Tuesday, August 26, 2008

"Be clear to where you are going..."

I'm an environmental science and policy major. I love it. But before I told Long Beach State that I was going to major in that, I wanted to major in fashion design and merchandising. Yesterday in class I got a flyer on what are the opportunities that are in for fashion majors, and I found out that it's such a versatile major that can get you into many jobs. I think I'll take my first year to find out what I want to do, or many even my second, because my professor told me that in average, a college student changes their major about 3 times. Good thing I'm narrowed down to two. I also found out that there's going to be an intership week, and BCBG Maxazria is going to be recruiting interns from school. Maybe I'll give that a look.

We watched a study abroad video in class today also, and in that instant, I made up my mind abut studying abroad. I don't know exactly where, but I know I have to do it. Sweden? Japan? Brazil? Argentina? New Zealand? Who knows...but I'm going no matter what.

I've already got my cruiser for school, and I've been riding it a lot in my neighborhood. Tomorrow I'm going to get my basket and my lights, so I'll pretty much have a pimped out ride.
This is her....I just still need to name her.

From time to time, I'll take the train and my bike to school to avoid traffic and parking. Eh, I proabably should have took the train and my bike yesterday on account that Lykke Li played at Amoeba last night. I'll just have to wait til November to see her live, and maybe see her in Sweden if I decide to study abroad over there.

Here's her new video. Something different from the regular Lykke Li I've seen:


I had to pick up my mail this past weekend, and I found the two recent Nylon magazines in a 10 pound stash of US Postal Service mail. Apart from looking through all the credit card offers, I was glad to see that Lykke Li was in the August issue. That girl deserves some good publicity.

I set up a Lookbook account, but I don't have any looks to post up due to my lack of a digital camera. I don't want to flood my dad's camera with my camera-whore moments, and I haven't developed any of my film rolls, which has added up to almost 10 rolls. I need money for that, and the job hunt hasn't gone so good. This weekend when I was at a picnic by LB State, I dropped by Yogurtland to drop in my number so they could call me back for a job, and yesterday I passed by Trader Joe's to apply. I felt confident with the application and everything, until I realized that I had missed one math word problem and forgot to put my previous employer's number while I was driving back home. Waste of time right there. Now, I'm going to see if I can get hired at the Jamba Juice in Carson or Gardena, or at Starbucks. Wow, I'd imagine having the same job as my mom. "Wow! Baristas run in the family!"

1 comment:

triangle eyes said...

Go to Sweden or Argentina! Heck, go anywhere you can. I went on a sports tour to Argentina in 2005 and it was absolutely amazing! I love that place. But I have a soft spot for Sweden, they have some of the best musicians around but I think you know that already.

That bike is sick as hell! Wow-ee! I'm trying so hard not to be jealous. But thanks for the craiglist tip, found some great bikes that I'm already hooked on.


take care