Monday, August 25, 2008

Coming to America

I've finally found time to blog. For some reason, blogspot wouldn't load in Nicaragua, but now I'm good. Get ready for a big one.

Last days in Nicaragua were allright, but nothing too fancy. I either spent them at home, at my dad's farm, or at my grandpa's farm, or around town. Either ones weren't so fun, but at least I didn't spent them wasting time staring into a white wall and I got to take a pretty cool picture at my grandpa's farm.



Tall grass like that is hard to find here in LA.

The airplane ride here was okay but extremely exhausting. In my original seat from El Salvador to LA, I was put in between two girls form UC Irvine that had gone to Ecuador to visit churches across the country with their church ministry. I was hoping I would be put with someone who would at least be friendly and not drool over my arm while they fell asleep, and my wish was granted. But with my little brother being sick, I moved back to his aisle, and said aideu to the girls. Airplane food was good for once, and I was forced to watch spanish dubbed movies once more, but it was 27 Dresses, so it was allright.

Ever since I came until my parents came here to LA last Wednesday, I was running errands like nobody's business, catching up on what I had to do for school, taking care of my ill little brother, buying food, buying stuff for college, and cleaning up my house like crazy. I even went to the Collective Souls yard sale with Jaime in Downtown LA and bought a new pair of shoes, lots of shirts, new skirts, some accessories, and a popsivle from the Hearts Challenger ice cream truck. I finally wasn't idle anymore and I felt glad that I was actually doing sometime with my time. When I cleaned out my closet, I found tons and tons of clothes and stuff I didn't need anymore, so I'm just going to give it to Goodwill or something.

I went to CSULB on the day that I had to pick up my parents to buy my university 100 textbook and met up with Ivan and Andrew, whom I met off of Facebook. We chit chatted, walked around campus, drove Andrew to his apartment and drove Ivan back to the train station. It's really been a new experience meeting all these new people and getting new friends because in the begging of high school I really wasn't confident meeting new people. Now...whole different story.

When I picked up my parents around 2AM, I freaked out when I saw my dad in a wheelchair with a cast on his foot. My mom had told me that he was involved in an accident where a taxi knocked him off his motorcycle, but she said it wasn't that bad. Well, it was pretty obvious that it wasn't that bad after I saw my dad throw away his cast as soon as we got home. Simply an excuse to get pulled around in wheelchair throughout all the airports he passed to get here to LA.
I haven't been able to do much since my parents came now, but I'm hoping this week will be better. Sure, my summer was a complete trainwreck, but just because summer's over doesn't mean that I shouldn't give up on doing everything that was on my summer to-do list.

Take a gander:

I guess it's the only video that's closely related to this blog. Hearts Challenger? HEARTSREVOLUTION?

Today was my first day of school at Long Beach. As soon as my professor walked into the classroom, I was stunned by how quick he was on starting the class. He just passed out the syllabus and some handouts, wrote his name on the board, and started talking about what the class was about. Everything was so quick, and the professor dismissed us an hour early. We were somewhat startled by everything he was doing, that we just left back home in confusion. Since I had an hour left til I needed to get home, I went to Trader Joe's to apply for a job. People there were nice, and awkwardly enough there was a 5th grade math test on the application. I answered all of them, at least I thought so, until I was driving back home that I realized that I missed one word problem. Great. Waste of time right there. Tomorrow I'm going to go drop off my application at Jamba Juice, so hopefully I'll get that one. Ugh...I hate job hunting.

1 comment:

heartschallenger said...

Heartschallenger and Heartsrevolution love you....Chi.