Saturday, August 2, 2008

"I have my anti-diarrhea pills, so I guess I can eat that..."

I couldn't be happier with the fact that Nicaragua has Subways over here. My parents always decide to eat fast food which I don't even eat back in the states with the exception of In N Out. As I was waiting for Rodney to check in his flight to leave back to LA, I went to go buy a footlong, and I just had to be put in line next to this lady who said the funniest thing ever. "I think I'll take the tuna footlong. I have my anti-diarrhea pills, so I guess I can eat that." I'm pretty sure this lady was so comfortable with the fact that at most of the places she had been here in Nicaragua nobody spoke English, that she thought it was the same at the airport. Maybe I should have ordered my turkey footlong in English instead of Spanish and saved her from that awkward moment...


So I've noticed that I've developed some sort of obsessions, particularly with Demetri Martin and Lykke Li. Thank you Flight of the Conchords for introducing me to the charming, witty, palindrome obsessed, and ambidextrous Demetri Martin. Thank you MTV2's Subterranean for introducing me to Lykke Li.

Here's some of my favorite videos from Demetri's live shows. Oh please Demetri, please come to LA soon. I'll be eternally greatful...





And as for Lykke Li, I've already introduced her in my last post. As if I wasn't amazed enough by her unique performances and talent, she comes out with this.



Who'd thought I'd see the day when a Swedish girl would be making A Tribe Called Quest cover of Can I Kick It?

Also, The Black Cab Sessions got Lykke Li to do a little performance of I'm Good I'm Gone. I just love how every performance she does is different.



There's a big red circle on my calender for when Lykke Li comes to perform at El Rey Theatre November 3rd.

Moving on...there's a new movie that's coming out that I'm definetely keeping my eye out for. And no, surprisingly it's not Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince. I already have that one on my checklist...



Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist is coming out this fall, and it's the film adaptation of the novel. Unfortunately, I've never read it, so it's going to be another one of my summer books. The movie looks cute, and plus, Michael Cera is in it. ;)

Phew, that's a lot of blogging to digest.
Enjoy!

Ciao...

No comments: