Saturday, April 25, 2009

i just can't get enough.

I had said before I saw Depeche Mode, that if I would ever see them live at least one, I would die happy. I shouldn't have said that, 'cos now, I just would want to see them again and again and again.

Thursday was the Depeche Mode concert on Hollywood + Vine that appox. 10,000 have been waiting for. I honestly couldn't believe that I was going to see them, after so many failed attempts of trying to go to their concerts when they came to California back in 05. I was in class thinking of how exciting it was going to be later that night. All day, I was just thinking of Dave, Martin, and Andy.

When I got close to Hollywood, I dropped by Jaime's apartment and met with him and Alana, went to the liquor store, and headed to Hollywood. Traffic was ridiculous, but we didn't have too much trouble finding parking, and found a spot that was fairly close to the Music Box, not too far from the W Hollywood Residences where Depeche Mode was playing right infront of. We walked to the Jimmy Kimmel tent bought a shirt from one of the vendors (which was $10 and was a great deal as opposed to the $45 shirts that were on sale at The Cure's concert last year). While I'm walking with Alana, Jaime, and my sister to the ridiculously long line, I hear my name being called out of nowhere. It was my friend Joanna that was standing in line and she was so kind enough to let us cut, but then she was moved to another line, and we stayed where we were. We get in, and then I find Andi, say hello for a quick second, but had to run back to Alana, Jaime, and my sister before I got lost since my phone died (this would explain my lack of photos). I wish I would have spent more time with you Andi! <3

After a few hours of waiting, the same fat guy that I had seen at JKL came out and announced that Depeche Mode was coming in a few minutes. 8:25 comes around, and out comes Dave, Andy, and Martin, and Jimmy Kimmel introduces them, and then we all hear "Wrong". I couldn't hold my excitiment at was screaming my lungs out; finally I had succeeded in seeing Depeche Mode.

The concert was amazing to say the least. Dave had the entire audience hyped up, especially with their last two songs, "Enjoy The Silence" and "Walking In My Shoes". Amazing. Simply words cannot explain.

But here, take a look at it yourself.

(to be honest, I didn't like their performance of Wrong so much, but all their other songs were amazing.

(oh yeah, and I forgot that Elisha Cuthbert was being interviewed too. She looked adorable)
And here's some videos I found from so folks on youtube










I wish I could have the chance to see them this summer, but I'm running low on money. I think I might have to resort to a sacrifice, 'cos I just can't get enough of them.

No comments: