Sunday, May 3, 2009

bittersweet


This past week was fairly decent. I hardly remember what I did before Tuesday, but Tuesday was Luly's birthday and Fredy and I made it a birthday to remember. Fredy and I busted a mission to make Luly smile after she had said that she wasn't going to do anything for her birthday but just stay at home and wait for us. We decided to hang at her house for a bit and the take her to Ce Fiore to buy two yogurt cups and put her "19" candle on top.


After singing her happy birthday and taking tons of pictures, we headed to Long Beach since KBeach was giving away their entire collection of cds, singles, and vinyls they've gotten over the years. I got a few cds for Fredy and Luly, and I found The Von Bondies cd, a single of Dave Gahan, and a ep of a band whose cover I found quite eye catching.


The first track is delightful, and I love driving to it. Makes me feel really chill. My other 15 something cds still need a good listen to them.


The rest of the week is a blur that I do not want to remember, but have to for my sake, until yesterday. After I got a haircut, my sister and I decided to go to Dallana's so we could party. It was allright, but maybe we could have found a better one. After the party, which was basically dead at 12:30, we went to go munch on some fries with the little energy that was left after all the dancing. All in all it was a good night. Also, I went to a ticketmaster outlet here in town, and turns out that the Bat for Lashes tix are sold out. =/ Now, all I can hope for is that ticketmaster puts up some tix like they had done last time, or I would have to resort to ridiculously expensive tickets on ebay. I'm desperate to see Natasha Khan, I really am.


p.s,

I won the final bid on this dress that I found from this vintage shop on ebay.

I'm a happy camper. (=

No comments: