Sunday, May 24, 2009

weak



First weekend of summer has come, and I'm already sick. These past few days have been nothing but sneezing and a continuous runny nose, and staring straight up at bright lights is not helping [no it's not swine flu]. Aside from the boogers running down from my nose, I've already started to make the best out of my summer since Friday. Fredy, Luly, and I went to Universal Studios for a special test taping of the new Tonight Show with Conan O'Brien. It was somewhat of an adventure getting to the stage by unnecessarily taking the shuttle to City Walk only to find that the stage was only a walk down from the train station where we parked. After all the panic that Fredy had for thinking that we were going to be late for the show and after all the running, we were in the studio and we were good to go. Rebecca Romijn and Patton Oswalt were the guests, and I just simply couldn't stop laughing during Patton Oswalt's interview. Also, I can't forget Conan's prediction for the Year 3000 : "In the year 3000, youtube, twitter, and facebook will merge into one giant time wasting website: youtwitface." Oh, Conan. ^_^

I'm planning on going to more Tonight Shows this summer. Which reminds me, I saw that Jimmy Kimmel Live has an upcoming Bat For Lashes show on June 16th, the same night of her show at The El Rey Theater. And wow, they're sold out as well. I guess I'll just have to check again and again and hope to have the same luck of getting tickets like I did when I went to go see Depeche Mode.

This week I'm hoping to get a lot done with painting, making visits, and even starting to set up a little line of accessories me and my sister are planning to do. We'll get some ideas up and eventually put them up on Etsy, so keep an eye out for that. I'll also have to get my guitar strings for my guitar so I can start practicing since I'm planning to perform at open mic nights, possibly Rilo Kiley/Jenny Lewis covers. Let's see how that goes.

[photo: Wooster Collective - artist: Run Dont Walk]

No comments: