Friday, February 19, 2010

A drunk Jake Gyllenhaal, a rather lame Joe Jonas, RZA as a ref, and Lil Jon as a tennis coach.

Amidst all the useless e-mails that I got this morning in my inbox, one e-mail made my day. I'm sure all of you who have signed up to Vampire Weekend's mailing list also got the notice of the new video for 'Giving Up The Gun', but I don't know if you reacted in the same way as I did as when you give a 3 year old a box of licorice.

As you've seen with older Vampire Weekend videos, the boys have had this style to most of their videos, even with their last one 'Cousins', where it looks like it came out of an 80's teen film or just a preppy uppity video. Now with 'Giving Up The Gun', Ezra Koenig's ideas have made Vampire Weekend come out of their comfort zone, and grace us with a modern-looking video (for me the all white shouts futuristic to me) and even add cameo appearances! Trust me, the last person I thought I was going to see in this video was Joe Jonas.



As soon as I saw the whole tennis theme, I went crazy since I've been playing tennis lately. But I couldn't help to be annoyed and think how in the world did she beat a drunk Jake Gyllenhaal when she doesn't even know how to hold the racquet right, but i guess with Lil Jon coaching you, how can you lose? He surely gave her that Crunk Juice, thus resulting in flaming tennis balls.

1 comment:

triangle eyes said...

I saw this via pitchfork and was surprised to see Joe Jonas at the start of the video. This is definitely going to be one of the most talked about videos on the interwebs for a while.