Sunday, September 14, 2008

I'm a gamer/non-gamer.




I have never really been intrigued by video games, nor am I video game fanatic.We only have an X-Box 360 'cos my little brother is a gamer, and we thought it would be a more fancy DVD, and plus, we could hook it up to our iPods. Now with the uproar in musical video games (i.e, Guitar Hero, Rock Band), I have been addicted to playing hours of the same songs again and again until I can finally play a song on hard and eventually on expert. Right now I have Guitar Hero 2, but now it's time for an upgrade.

This past week, CSULB had a Guitar Hero World Tour stage set up on campus, and everyone could come play and get free prizes. I went there out of curiousity, and as one thing led to another, I sang Living On A Prayer infront of tons of people with complete strangers. I triumphantly got a shirt and water bottle.

Some of the other songs on the set list that caught my eye were Everlong by Foo Fighters, Float On by Modest Mouse, Love Me Two Times by The Doors, and Heartbreaker by Pat Benatar. Still, I thought that Guitar Hero World Tour was a complete ripoff of Rockband. (I'm biased on this subject.) I decided to look up some of the details of Rockband 2, and I'm convinced that I'm going to spend $190 on it. The setlist looks so much better, and it even has some of the songs that Guitar Hero 2 has.

Here's some of the songs on the setlist that I can't wait to play:
Interpol - PDA
The Donnas - New Kid In School
Silversun Pickups - Lazy Eye
Bob Dylan - Tangled Up In Blue
AC/DC - Let There Be Rock
The Go-Go's - We Got The Beat
Joan Jett - Bad Reputation
Motorhead - The Ace of Spades
Rage Against The Machine - Testify
Bikini Kill - Rebel Girl
Foo Fighters - Everlong
Bon Jovi - Living On A Prayer (Also on GH World Tour)
Smashing Pumpkins - Today
Red Hot Chili Peppers - Give It Away
Billy Idol - White Wedding
Talking Heads - Psycho Killer
Blondie - One Way Or Another
Elvis Costello - Pump It Up
Beck - E-Pro
Devo - Uncontrollable Urge
Alanis Morissette - You Oughta Know
Duran Duran - Hungry Like The Wolf

There's tons of more songs, but here's a preview of what to expect from Rockband 2. All I know is that soon I'm going to have an excuse to bring people over to my house and spend all day in my living room.

No comments: