Wednesday, July 8, 2009

surreal

Yesterday was a day of hysterics and sadness with Michael Jackson's memorial and my parents going crazy over my mistakes. I have calmed down a bit after this whole claim was made on my insurance for the accident, but the girl I hit really screwed me over now and turned her back on me claiming more damage than was actually made and now injuries. What a slick way to dig into my empty pocket...

Driving towards Downtown yesterday, I was a bit skeptical about going shopping in the fashion district afraid that there were going to be tons and tons of road closures and horrible traffic, but luckily I got right into where I was headed. Driving around, we saw the tons of black Land Rovers and Rolls Royce's that were taking the Jackson family to the Staples Center, which seemed so crazy to me since I was so close. I bought a few pairs of jeans with my sister, and headed back towards Downey wiping tears from our eyes as we heard the entire memorial on the radio. As soon as I got home, I could not stop crying seeing the memorial rerun on VH1. Me and my sister were just wondering that we were going to remember that day forever, and when we would be older, we're going to tell our kids, "Kids, when we were much younger, we drove around Michael Jackson's memorial service and cried our eyes out while listening to it on the radio and watching it on TV." It was such a surreal day.

Rest In Peace MJ.

No comments: